Sunday, September 29, 2013

Leggings Are Not Pants Rant

Now that leggings weather is officially back, I think it's time to make something clear...
Leggings ARE NOT pants! I cannot stress this enough!!! I absolutely hate when girls wear leggings as pants!
Now, I like leggings just as much as the next person. They are an essential in my closet.  But, I have a rule with them: Your top must cover your butt if you want to wear it with leggings. If your shirt ends at your waistline, you should not wear it with leggings! It is not a complete outfit. If you want to wear a shirt like that and be comfortable then wear yoga pants, it's not that hard!
    It does not look cute when your butt is just hanging out in thin leggings! Just wear something a little longer and it'll look like a real outfit. It drives me crazy seeing this around campus all the time. It does not look good! Please stop this trend! Don't just do it once either, because you'll get trapped!


Please Remember: LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!

2 comments:

  1. I fully agree with these rules...for the most part. I think the shirt must be longer than a typical t-shirt length. I see so many girls walking around in leggings and crop tops. It is just a big no-no in my book.

    Great posting :)

    -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely. I hate it when girls wear leggings and allow their shirts to hit their waistline. I just don't really understand it, because sweatpants or yoga pants are easier to put on anyway. It just doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete